Vegan / Vegetarian
How can you not love chocolate cookies rolled in powdered sugar and baked until they’re perfectly chewy? How if we make a healthier version without the slightest change in taste and flavor? That would make it even perfect, right?
That’s actually what we are doing on this recipe, this is a make-over healthier version of chewy chocolate crinkles and I call it Choco-Beets Crinkles. And would you believe it’s vegan and vegetarian too?
“Chocolate fudge-like cookies rolled in powdered sugar and baked until chewy.”
Yield: 2 Dozens
What we need —
* beets puree – ½ cup or 1 can
* coconut oil – ½ cup
* sugar cane – 1 cup
* apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
* vanilla – 1 tsp
* salt – 1 tsp
* flour – 3 cups
* baking powder – 1 tbsp
* cocoa powder – ½ cup (if sweet cut sugar to ½ cup)
* powdered sugar – for rolling
To prepare —
1. Whisk together beets puree, coconut oil, sugar, vinegar and vanilla until well blended.
2. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder until fluffy. Add to the wet ingredients in 3 parts. The first 2 parts mix using rubber spatula. Last part by hands.
3. Leave dough in the bowl and cover with plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 0F.
5. Take dough out of refrigerator and roll into balls.
6. Roll each ball into powdered sugar and place in paper-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!