What else is great besides the aroma of hot coffee in the morning? How about breakfast, yes? And breakfast isn’t breakfast without eggs, off course! Especially in my house, eggs are always part if not the main feature of our breakfast especially when I get the luxury to spend mornings at home on my days off.
What’s surprising is the fact that eggs are always great when the sun is up and shining in the morning. I don’t know what it is with eggs and morning sunshine but they just go together perfectly. Today, I’m making a special breakfast recipe for eggs, it’s called Shirred Eggs or eggs baked on top of ham slices in a flat-bottomed dish and sprinkled with shredded cheese to melt.
Yield: 6 Servings
What we need —
* eggs – 6 pcs
* ham – 6 pcs
* milk – ¼ cup
* shredded cheese – ½ cup
* salt & pepper – to taste
To prepare —
1. Warm up the oven to 350 0F
2. Spray bottom of your flat dish with butter or olive or spray pan.
3. Law down ham slices.
4. Crack the eggs on top of each ham slice.
5. Pour milk evenly around the egg yolks.
6. Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Bring the dish out and top with shredded cheese.
9. Bake it for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
10. Serve warm with toast for breakfast or brunch.
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!