What would you do with all that leftover pumpkins from the Halloween? Don’t throw it all away, save some for this fall-licious side dish recipe. Great as side dish to any meal.
PUMPKIN MASH W/ ROASTED MARSHMALLOW
* pumpkin – 1 med-large size (leftover from the Halloween)
* butter – 1 cup melted (or almond/coconut butter)
* cinnamon spice – 1 tbsp
* brown sugar – ¼ cup (adjust according to your desire)
* salt – 2 tsp
* brandy/rum – ¼ cup (optional)
1. Cut pumpkin into quarters, gut and washed.
2. Mix together butter and your choice or liqueur; or none.
3. Brush the mixture on the pumpkin surface generously.
4. Bake pumpkin for hour-and-half or until it’s soft.
5. Scoop all the pumpkin into a blender or food processor and mash. If needed add a little amount of water to get the machine going.
6. Pour it into a mixing bowl and put the cinnamon, brown, sugar and salt. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
7. Pour it into a greased baking dish. Bake for 2 hours.
8. Top with marshmallows and put it back in the oven. Turn over to broil.
9. Count 30 (30 seconds) and take the dish out. Longer than this your marshmallow will burn.
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!