Today I’m making Crepes from scratch and I’m using frozen strawberries that I picked fresh from our garden in Spring. I have a 5-ft by 20-ft strawberry patch that yields us more than enough for the rest of the year. I keep all the strawberries in freezer bags and freeze them.
This is a pretty easy and quick recipe. If you want to make a healthier version you can substitute non-dairy milk such as almond milk. You can also try gluten-free flour instead and other butter substitute like coconut butter.
Enjoy the recipe!
Strawberry Crepes Roll Up
Yield: 4 Serving Pcs.
* Pancake flour – 2 cups (or use boxed pancake mix)
* Milk – 2 cups
* Egg – 1 beaten
* Fresh/frozen strawberries – 3 cups (sliced)
* Powdered sugar
* Maple syrup
* Butter – 1 tbsp
1. Prepare pancake mixture based on box instructions.
2. Stove on medium heat. Use pancake pan, crepe pan or any flat bottom pan.
3. Butter the pan covering all surfaces. Turn stove on low heat.
4. Pour ½ cup of pancake mix center of the pan.
5. Hold pan by the handle. Let the mixture spread and cover pan surface evenly. You wanted a thin pancake layer for easy roll ups.
6. When bubbles start to appear, turn pancake and cook other side. Plate the pancake.
7. Put strawberry slices on one side.
8. Put maple syrup over the strawberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
9. Roll the pancake, lay it with the fold down.
10. Serve with sprinkle of powdered sugar on top and more maple syrup if desired.
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!