For my old-fashioned version of baked chicken, I’m using flour crust and the egg and milk batter combination since that’s what I have in my cupboard at the moment.
If you want a healthier version, you can substitute with gluten-free flour or potato flour. And use almond or coconut milk instead. For egg substitute you can try a mixture of yogurt and mustard sauce.
Or you can also enjoy it in the old-fashioned way. Enjoy the recipe!
Yield: 5 Serving Pcs.
* Chicken breast – 5 pcs
* Flour – 2 cups
* Egg – 2 pcs
* Milk – 1/2 cup
* Spices: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley – 1 tsp each
* Salt, pepper (to season)
* Olive oil (as needed)
1. Warm oven to 350 oF. Grease or spray baking pan.
2. Whisk egg, milk, and salt (1 tsp) together. Soak the chicken and set aside.
3. In separate bowl, mix together flour, spices, salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1-tsp).
4. Take each chicken breast off the egg-milk mixture and roll it onto the flour mixture. Cover the chicken with flour generously.
5. Lay the chicken pieces down on the baking pan.
6. Brush chicken with olive oil.
7. Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the foil and bake it for another 10 minutes or until top of the chicken turns brown.
Served best with any pasta dishes, rice or vegetables.
Thank you for reading, happy cooking!