This Turkish dish is best to bring to any potluck parties during the summer time or any other seasonal parties you want to bring sunshine on. I made this one and brought it to a Brewer Game party we had with friends. This is so easy to make. You can use any meat, vegetables and fruits in any combination. But you have to pay close attention to which food cooks quick, which one needs more cooking time, and which needs to pre-cook ahead of time before you thread them on a skewer. And please don’t forget the sauce, don’t grill your kebabs without brushing sauce over, this will pump up the flavor of any chard food.
Vegetables, Fruits = cooks quick and easy on the grill
Chicken, Pork, Beef = needs more cooking time or pre-cooking
Don’t put fresh vegetables and fruits together with raw meat and thread it on skewer at the same time because by the time the meat cooks all your fresh vegetables and fruits are already burnt.
Chicken/Pork/Beef/Meatballs – bake them slightly
* Cut meat into strips or cubes
* Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
* Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes 350 0F
* Cool and thread on the skewer with fresh vegetables and fruits
Or blanch meat in a marinate mixture:
* Soy sauce (1/4 cup), Sprite/Lemon Juice (1/4 cup), Water (3 tbsp)
* Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion powder
* Bring to a boil
* Soak meat in 10 sec (count of 10)
* Cool and thread on skewer
Water Chestnut wrapped with Bacon
* Wrap water chestnuts with bacon
* Use toothpick to hold piece together
* Bake for 15 minutes
* Cool and thread it on the skewer
* Unless you’re using Portabella mushroom, white button mushroom could be pre-cooked so it holds its piece when you thread it on the skewer
* Lay mushroom down on baking sheet, don’t season
* Bake it for 5 minutes
* Cool and thread it on skewer
Don’t overthink this. Just gather some sauce you have in the refrigerator. Start with equal portion of each say ¼ of cup of each. Mix together with a whisk and taste it. Adjust according to what you desire: sweeter, spicier or savory. Brush the sauce generously over to Kebab before grilling.
* BBQ sauce
* Soy sauce
* Apple Cider vinegar or Lemon
* Hot sauce
* or any Liqueur of your choice
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!