This is one of those days I wanted a sugar fix really bad but I don’t want to bake anything fancy or laborious. I want a quick sugar fix! So I thought of poke cake. I think this is the easiest cake recipe I’ve made so far. I just read the box instructions and wala! I got my sugar boost in a short time.
I know there’s so much health concerns about using the commercial cake mixes. But nowadays, you can choose from a variety of healthy cake mix brands in the market. There are organic, gluten free and other healthy options available. So our choices are not limited anymore.
CHERRY POKE CAKE
Yield: 8-in Round Cake Pan
You need —
* cake mix – 1 box vanilla
* gelatin – 1 box cherry flavor
* garnishing – whip frosting and/or cherry (optional)
To prepare —
1. Heat the oven to 325 0F.
2. Prepare the cake mix as instructed in the box.
3. Bake as per box instructions. Let the cake cool for 1 hour.
4. Using fork or any pointed object, poke holes all over cake surface.
5. Prepare the gelatin following box instructions.
6. Pour gelatin mixture over cake.
7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
8. Before cutting or serving, run a knife around sides of cake pan to loosen up the gelatin in the cake. Garnish with whip frosting and cherry.
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!