This is one of my favorite recipes! I wasn’t born in the midwest but this dish makes me feel so at home in this part of the world. And since I used Carr Valley shredded cheddar cheese, one of Wisconsin’s finest cheeses, the flavor combination of baked potato and cheese is so rich in the palate yet very comforting.
Another reason I like this recipe is its presentation, it looks so delicious!
TWICE BAKED POTATOES
Yield: 4 Servings
You need —
* potatoes – 3-4 pcs
* milk 2% – 1 ½ tbsp.
* butter – 2 tbsp.
* sour cream or plain yogurt – 1 cup
* Carr Valley (WI) Cheddar cheese low-fat – shredded
* garlic powder – 1 tsp.
* salt & pepper – to taste
* parsley – 1 tsp.
* bacon bits to garnish (optional)
To prepare —
1. Wash the potatoes and lay them on cookie sheet.
2. Rub or spray with oil. Bake for 1 ½ hours or until soft, let it cool.
3. Cut the potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the potato into a bowl.
4. Add in the bowl – milk, butter, sour cream or yogurt, cheese, garlic powder and parsley.
5. Mix until creamy, then season with salt and pepper.
6. Scoop the mixture back into the potato shells.
7. Top with cheese and bake again for another 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
8. Garnish with bacon bits.
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!